[jpos-users] unpack exception handling

jayadeep.cse
Hi All,

I have recently started working on jPOS and it has been very useful to me so far. I want to know if there is any way to handle the unpack ISOException and send the error response to the requester.
I am implementing the Q2 server with NACChannel & Generic packager.  Unpack is happening at very low level so that I am not able to handle the exception at my business level logic.

Waiting any inputs on this.

Thanks,
Jayadeep

Re: [jpos-users] unpack exception handling

chhil
The basechannel does throw an isoexception on unpack. So you could extend the NACChannel and override the receive method  and maybe
put what you need into a space and let a qbean wait on it and then you can handle it.

If someone has a better way to do it, please share here.

-chhil

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 9:06 AM, jayadeep.cse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently started working on jPOS and it has been very useful to me so far. I want to know if there is any way to handle the unpack ISOException and send the error response to the requester.
I am implementing the Q2 server with NACChannel & Generic packager.  Unpack is happening at very low level so that I am not able to handle the exception at my business level logic.

Waiting any inputs on this.

Thanks,
Jayadeep

Re: [jpos-users] unpack exception handling

Alejandro Revilla
​I didn't implement that functionality because I try not to tell a remote endpoint what's wrong, in case somebody is trying to abuse the system.

During certification, an operator can monitor our logs and see what's wrong, and tell the remote endpoint.

That said, I think Chhil's suggestion is easy to implement, override the receive method, trap the exception, do something, and re-throw it.