[jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

[jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

galih.lasahido@gmail.com
Hi all,

So lately i'm getting a problem with my jpos server, i keep getting :

<log realm="channel/10.10.101.45:10747" at="2017-01-02T07:57:47.586" lifespan="78937ms">
  <receive>
    <peer-disconnect>Connection reset</peer-disconnect>
  </receive>
</log>
<log realm="edc_server.server.session/10.10.101.45:10747" at="2017-01-02T07:57:47.586">
  <session-end/>
</log>

this lead to the server that connect to me cannot send message for a while, what is the general cause of <peer-disconnect>Connection reset</peer-disconnect>, because i search in my log there's no sign of error log, i still get an echo message 0800, a reversal, but no transaction 0200,
the error doesn't appeared often only for some time and not every day. hope anybody can share their thought and can help me with this. thanks.

Re: [jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

Alejandro Revilla
Search the jPOS. log for the keyword 'timeout'. There you'll see the explanation.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/CAO1jB8tt9y9z68NWB1qxZ7fD8g81hNBZiM_bvb68MNsyHLxr%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: [jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

galih.lasahido@gmail.com
hi alejandro,

the only timeout that i get is only

<log realm="channel/10.10.101.45:33963" at="2016-12-25T09:38:54.588" lifespan="305083ms">
  <receive>
    <io-timeout/>
  </receive>
</log>

and after that i still get a lot of transaction, then there's the connection reset, is connection reset is cause by the server or the client that connect to the server. and what might the cause of that. thanks

On 2 January 2017 at 09:23, Alejandro Revilla <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

jPOS - Users mailing list
On 02/01/17 01:52, [hidden email] wrote:
>     <peer-disconnect>Connection reset</peer-disconnect>
What are you connecting to, do they have a timeout on inactivity?

Should you be keeping the connection 'busy'?

What channel timeout have you set?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

Alejandro Revilla
Please note we have a default 5 minutes timeout (300000 millis) so I think what happens here is that we are just timing out due to inactivity, which is actually a good thing.

On 2 January 2017 at 23:35, 'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 02/01/17 01:52, [hidden email] wrote:
>     <peer-disconnect>Connection reset</peer-disconnect>
What are you connecting to, do they have a timeout on inactivity?

i'm not connecting to anything coz i'm the server, the connection reset was from the client to the server.

Should you be keeping the connection 'busy'?

What channel timeout have you set?

we set at 30 second

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

chhil
Did you read the following blog entry?

Could you share your server deploy file?

-chhil

On 3 January 2017 at 10:57, chhil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you read the following blog entry?

apparently not :D

Could you share your server deploy file?

<server class="org.jpos.q2.iso.QServer" logger="Q2" name="kar_server" realm="kar_realm">
  <channel class="org.jpos.iso.channel.NACChannel" logger="kartuku" packager="org.jpos.iso.packager.GenericPackager">
    <property name="packager-config" value="packager/iso87ascii-modif.xml"/>
  </channel>

  <attr name="port" type="java.lang.Integer">8013</attr>
  <attr name="maxSessions" type="java.lang.Integer">500</attr>
  <request-listener class="co.id.bankdki.dkilink.iso.RequestListener" logger="Q2">
    <property name="space" value="tspace:kar"/>
    <property name="queue" value="mytxnqueuekar"/>
    <property name="isorequest" value="REQUESTKAR"/>
    <property name="isosource" value="ISOKAR"/>
    <property name="logger" value="Q2"/>
    <property name="appname" value="change"/>
    <property name="timeout" value="30000"/>
    <property name="port" value="8013"/>
  </request-listener>
</server>

so the problem is since there's a device that connect to my server and when there's a connection-reset their transaction
cannot get send to my server, but the weird thing is after the connection-reset they still can send an network message 0800,
and they can send 0400 but their 0200 was never receive by my server. and after an hour and 18 of this connection-reset suddenly it work fine again, its been going on the past few days. and i still dont know what cause it, and why the 0200
never receive if any connection-reset was happen. my be if any of you know where i should be looking for the cause of
trouble :) thanks.

-chhil

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:17 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2 January 2017 at 23:35, 'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 02/01/17 01:52, [hidden email] wrote:
>     <peer-disconnect>Connection reset</peer-disconnect>
What are you connecting to, do they have a timeout on inactivity?

i'm not connecting to anything coz i'm the server, the connection reset was from the client to the server.

Should you be keeping the connection 'busy'?

What channel timeout have you set?

we set at 30 second

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] keep getting peer-disconnect Connection reset at JPos

Victor Salaman-Medina
I think I should write a blog on this :)

Your client opened a connection to you, but hasn't sent any data and the channel decided that it should timeout the connection.

Reasons :

1. It might be legitimate.
2. You might be experiencing is a TCP Half-Open connection, read about this.
3. You might be being attacked or probed on that port.
4. You may have some tool that is "checking" the port constantly by opening/closing the port and is doing it incorrectly.

In any case, in an idling system this is pretty common.

Do you know which client is opening the socket?

I would set the timeout to something like 10 minutes, and  "tune" the operating system's TCP stack to the desired keep-alive behavior, AND turn on the channels keep-alive flag using the "keep-alive" property.

Cheers,

/V