[jpos-users] add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

[jpos-users] add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

Robert
Hi,

As I know, if we do any change in deploy/*.xml,  those descriptor xml file gets reloaded at runtime.

Consider we have one transaction manager with 2 participants. And we created new participant with separate jars. If we copied the new participant jar at deploy/lib directory and did changes in respective xml descriptor for addition of this new participant, We received the exceptions that particular class is not found and descriptor doesn't get deployed.

Is it like that we cannot add new separate participant in xml descriptor?
If we add, is it mandatory to restart the Q2?

Thanks,
Ketan

Re: [jpos-users] add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

chhil
We as a rule don't allow hot deployment of transaction managers. We ask clients to stop q2 make changes and then restart. It's more manageable compared to behavioral changes that can impact active participants.

If you are really looking for hot deployment of classes you should look at something like jrebel.

-chhil

On Apr 26, 2017 6:07 PM, "Ketan Pawar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

As I know, if we do any change in deploy/*.xml,  those descriptor xml file gets reloaded at runtime.

Consider we have one transaction manager with 2 participants. And we created new participant with separate jars. If we copied the new participant jar at deploy/lib directory and did changes in respective xml descriptor for addition of this new participant, We received the exceptions that particular class is not found and descriptor doesn't get deployed.

Is it like that we cannot add new separate participant in xml descriptor?
If we add, is it mandatory to restart the Q2?

Thanks,
Ketan

Re: [jpos-users] add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

Do you get to see a message new classloader [xxxxxxx] has been created in the q2.log ?

Re: [jpos-users] add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

Robert
Hi Alejandro,

There is no such message in q2.log

Thanks,
Ketan

--
<a style="font-family:garamond,serif" href="http://twitter.com/apr" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fapr\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFRt8creb486OVHOJ12erdzV1NRIg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fapr\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFRt8creb486OVHOJ12erdzV1NRIg&#39;;return true;">@apr

Re: [jpos-users] add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

Alejandro Revilla
Can you try "touching" the `deploy/lib` directory?

Q2 monitors its timestamp in order to know when it has to create a new dynamic classloader.