[jpos-users] What's the utility of MUX and QMUX

[jpos-users] What's the utility of MUX and QMUX

taha yassine benbrahim
Hi everybody, i am new in jpos, and I have started by sending a message to a server, and receiving message from a client using channel, and I have to implement, an application that receives messages from server side and forwards it to the client side, and the same think from client to server how can I do it? and why we have to use a MUX or QMUX?

Re: [jpos-users] What's the utility of MUX and QMUX

Victor Salaman-Medina
Have you read the jPOS programmer's guide?

/V

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 7:56 AM, taha yassine benbrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody, i am new in jpos, and I have started by sending a message to a server, and receiving message from a client using channel, and I have to implement, an application that receives messages from server side and forwards it to the client side, and the same think from client to server how can I do it? and why we have to use a MUX or QMUX?

[jpos-users] Re: What's the utility of MUX and QMUX

taha yassine benbrahim
yes i have read it but, i can't understand the utility of Q2 and QMUX, because I can communicate with server side and client by using only channels
Le vendredi 24 mars 2017 11:56:53 UTC, taha yassine benbrahim a écrit :
Hi everybody, i am new in jpos, and I have started by sending a message to a server, and receiving message from a client using channel, and I have to implement, an application that receives messages from server side and forwards it to the client side, and the same think from client to server how can I do it? and why we have to use a MUX or QMUX?

Re: [jpos-users] Re: What's the utility of MUX and QMUX

Andrés Alcarraz

If you send more than one request message in the same channel, and you get respnses to all of them, you can no say which response is mean for each request.

Mux takes care of that.

You would not need to use MUX if you only do sequential processing, but this leave you with problems like, what if the response gets too late, you assumed not response was sent, and then send another request, and then the previous response arrives, you would match the response to the previous message to the new one. Sure you could get around this if you disconnect and start a new channel every time a request times out. But this is way more complex than using muxes.

You can also do one transaction per connection, but that's inefficient.

Hope this help you understand the utility/need for muxes.

Regards

Andrés Alcarraz

El 24/03/17 a las 09:03, taha yassine benbrahim escribió:
yes i have read it but, i can't understand the utility of Q2 and QMUX, because I can communicate with server side and client by using only channels
Le vendredi 24 mars 2017 11:56:53 UTC, taha yassine benbrahim a écrit :
Hi everybody, i am new in jpos, and I have started by sending a message to a server, and receiving message from a client using channel, and I have to implement, an application that receives messages from server side and forwards it to the client side, and the same think from client to server how can I do it? and why we have to use a MUX or QMUX?

Re: [jpos-users] Re: What's the utility of MUX and QMUX

taha yassine benbrahim
thank you for your explanation, it's very helpful and clear thanks a lot
Regards
BENBRAHIM Taha Yassine

Le vendredi 24 mars 2017 12:21:26 UTC, Andrés Alcarraz a écrit :

[...]

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="C2NuQ5bbAQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="C2NuQ5bbAQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/3a740b0b-6edc-4d78-9352-c4524c9f979c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/3a740b0b-6edc-4d78-9352-c4524c9f979c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/3a740b0b-6edc-4d78-9352-c4524c9f979c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/3a740b0b-6edc-4d78-9352-c4524c9f979c%40googlegroups.com.