[jpos-users] Problem packing field 39 (org.jpos.iso.ISOException: Field length 3 too long. Max: 2

[jpos-users] Problem packing field 39 (org.jpos.iso.ISOException: Field length 3 too long. Max: 2

Afnan Alam
Hi All,

I am developing on ISO Gateway for banking transaction now I got this "Problem packing field 39 Field length 3 too long. Max: 2" in field on response from stubs (fake bank) anyone know how to fix this response code field 39? and my packager both are same in development environment and stubs.

Regards and Thank

Afnan Alam

Re: [jpos-users] Problem packing field 39 (org.jpos.iso.ISOException: Field length 3 too long. Max: 2

Alejandro Revilla
You're probably using an ISO-8583 v87 packager and you are trying to use a v93 field 39.

In ISO-8583 version 1987, field 39 is defined as a two characters field, but in version 1993 it's 3 characters.