[jpos-users] OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

[jpos-users] OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Jonathan O'Connor-3

Sorry to bother everybody, but I'm having problems getting a response
from the Wincor people. Does anyone know what configuration setting
one uses to allow TCP connections from an ATM to an ATM Controller?

According to netstat, the TCP port is not being opened on the ATM.
Therefore, I can't connect :-(
Settings in TCPIP_PROJECT are set correctly, but I suspect either:
1. TCP comms is not enabled, or
2. My custom.ppf file is not activated.

Unfortunately, I have no documentation for ProCash. Any help greatly
appreciated,
Jonathan O'Connor

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

chhil

Sorry I have not worked directly on a wincor, but all our ATMs connect
to us, we are clients and the message has a 2 byte length header
prepended to the message.

-Chhil

On Sep 29, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry to bother everybody, but I'm having problems getting a response
> from the Wincor people. Does anyone know what configuration setting
> one uses to allow TCP connections from an ATM to an ATM Controller?
>
> According to netstat, the TCP port is not being opened on the ATM.
> Therefore, I can't connect :-(
> Settings in TCPIP_PROJECT are set correctly, but I suspect either:
> 1. TCP comms is not enabled, or
> 2. My custom.ppf file is not activated.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no documentation for ProCash. Any help greatly
> appreciated,
> Jonathan O'Connor

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Jonathan O'Connor-3

Chhil,
my problem is that I can't even open the socket in FSDChannel, and
using windows XP netstat shows the expected port is not open, and so
its no surprise that I get a socket opening error.

Ciao,
Jonathan

On Sep 29, 4:53 pm, Chhil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry I have not worked directly on a wincor, but all our ATMs connect
> to us, we are clients and the message has a 2 byte length header
> prepended to the message.
>
> -Chhil
>
> On Sep 29, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Sorry to bother everybody, but I'm having problems getting a response
> > from the Wincor people. Does anyone know what configuration setting
> > one uses to allow TCP connections from an ATM to an ATM Controller?
>
> > According to netstat, the TCP port is not being opened on the ATM.
> > Therefore, I can't connect :-(
> > Settings in TCPIP_PROJECT are set correctly, but I suspect either:
> > 1. TCP comms is not enabled, or
> > 2. My custom.ppf file is not activated.
>
> > Unfortunately, I have no documentation for ProCash. Any help greatly
> > appreciated,
> > Jonathan O'Connor

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Mark Salter-5

Jonathan wrote:
> Chhil,
> my problem is that I can't even open the socket in FSDChannel, and
> using windows XP netstat shows the expected port is not open, and so
> its no surprise that I get a socket opening error.
So you are developing an 'ATM controller system', but you can run
netstat to check the port conditions on the ATM (which is running
windows XP) machine?

If the above is your position, then yes, if no port is open, then no
connection is possible.

Are you certain that you are running netstat on the 'machine' that
should be listening on the ip address and port you expect?

Have you 'refreshed' the ATM to pick up your changes?

How much are you paying for support?  What are your escalation options?
I would exhaust those first before asking on an open forum...

... even a nice friendly one that we have.

8)

--
Financial devices running windows...
Mark

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

chhil

A snippet that I have

Existing parameters can be edited
in text files (*.ppf or *.ina type). The Registry update with the changed values
will be done via PARAC-NT after the next “RUN” process and with
CCRCCONV.EXE. Details will be given in the ProCash/NDC ProConsult/NDC
Installation manual.

The above is Greek to me but I hope it makes sense to you.

I don't have the install manual and it seems like it resides on the atm.

In my previous post I said client when I mean server.

-chhil

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Mark Salter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jonathan wrote:
>> Chhil,
>> my problem is that I can't even open the socket in FSDChannel, and
>> using windows XP netstat shows the expected port is not open, and so
>> its no surprise that I get a socket opening error.
> So you are developing an 'ATM controller system', but you can run
> netstat to check the port conditions on the ATM (which is running
> windows XP) machine?
>
> If the above is your position, then yes, if no port is open, then no
> connection is possible.
>
> Are you certain that you are running netstat on the 'machine' that
> should be listening on the ip address and port you expect?
>
> Have you 'refreshed' the ATM to pick up your changes?
>
> How much are you paying for support?  What are your escalation options?
> I would exhaust those first before asking on an open forum...
>
> ... even a nice friendly one that we have.
>
> 8)
>
> --
> Financial devices running windows...
> Mark

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Jonathan O'Connor-3

Mark,
I connect to the ATM using UltraVNC, and there I open a command
window. So, yes, netstat shows no port open.

Yes, I did restart the atm software, and I even rebooted the machine,
but to no avail.

Sadly, I don't have a copy of the ProCash manual. Yes, I do have about
60MB of other documentation.
As to support, I have a contact name and number, but they are either
on holiday or out of the office. I'm trying to
get information from all possible contacts.

Chhil's answer looks like it is what I need.

Thanks,
Jonathan
On Sep 29, 6:01 pm, Mark Salter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jonathan wrote:
> > Chhil,
> > my problem is that I can't even open the socket in FSDChannel, and
> > using windows XP netstat shows the expected port is not open, and so
> > its no surprise that I get a socket opening error.
>
> So you are developing an 'ATM controller system', but you can run
> netstat to check the port conditions on the ATM (which is running
> windows XP) machine?
>
> If the above is your position, then yes, if no port is open, then no
> connection is possible.
>
> Are you certain that you are running netstat on the 'machine' that
> should be listening on the ip address and port you expect?
>
> Have you 'refreshed' the ATM to pick up your changes?
>
> How much are you paying for support?  What are your escalation options?
> I would exhaust those first before asking on an open forum...
>
> ... even a nice friendly one that we have.
>
> 8)
>
> --
> Financial devices running windows...
> Mark

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

chhil

I recall on some Dbd machines used to have a 3rd party tool that
managed ports and had to be configured to allow traffic.
Is there any such thing on the xp ATM box?
It allows vnc so I assume that's not the case.
Can you use the vnc port numbers to be used for ATM traffic?

-Chhil

Chhil wrote:
> I recall on some Dbd machines used to have a 3rd party tool that
> managed ports and had to be configured to allow traffic.
Perhaps just a windows native firewall...

... or something ontop.

How about deploying a small jPos-ee server (listening on the port you
want the ATM to use) and see if that starts cleanly or if it is rejected?

Was your VNC access specially permitted, or did it just work?  As Chhil
says if i just worked then that would imply an open box.  Are you
listing on a port number below 1024?  On 'secure machines' low ports
have extra controls, perhaps something is emulating this on xp?

Reusing the VNC ports will clash with the vnc server, but perhaps try a
high number - if you are using a low one.

--
Mark

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

chhil

Yeah it was sitting on top of the windows firewall.

And yes, by using vnc ports you won't be able to vnc , but you know
for sure those are open :-)

-murtuza

On Sep 30, 2009, at 3:19 AM, Mark Salter <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Chhil wrote:
>> I recall on some Dbd machines used to have a 3rd party tool that
>> managed ports and had to be configured to allow traffic.
> Perhaps just a windows native firewall...
>
> ... or something ontop.
>
> How about deploying a small jPos-ee server (listening on the port you
> want the ATM to use) and see if that starts cleanly or if it is
> rejected?
>
> Was your VNC access specially permitted, or did it just work?  As
> Chhil
> says if i just worked then that would imply an open box.  Are you
> listing on a port number below 1024?  On 'secure machines' low ports
> have extra controls, perhaps something is emulating this on xp?
>
> Reusing the VNC ports will clash with the vnc server, but perhaps
> try a
> high number - if you are using a low one.
>
> --
> Mark

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Jonathan O'Connor-3

As usual, knowlegde is power!

I finally spoke to a Wincor support guy, and he quickly figured out we
were using a simulation comms dll! Once we changed it to tcpip dll,
the connection appeared!

So, some Wincor guys are very nice, helpful and polite, as they should
be!
Thanks for all the friendly help, onward and upward!
Jonathan

On Sep 30, 4:52 am, Chhil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah it was sitting on top of the windows firewall.
>
> And yes, by using vnc ports you won't be able to vnc , but you know
> for sure those are open :-)
>
> -murtuza
>
> On Sep 30, 2009, at 3:19 AM, Mark Salter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Chhil wrote:
> >> I recall on some Dbd machines used to have a 3rd party tool that
> >> managed ports and had to be configured to allow traffic.
> > Perhaps just a windows native firewall...
>
> > ... or something ontop.
>
> > How about deploying a small jPos-ee server (listening on the port you
> > want the ATM to use) and see if that starts cleanly or if it is
> > rejected?
>
> > Was your VNC access specially permitted, or did it just work?  As
> > Chhil
> > says if i just worked then that would imply an open box.  Are you
> > listing on a port number below 1024?  On 'secure machines' low ports
> > have extra controls, perhaps something is emulating this on xp?
>
> > Reusing the VNC ports will clash with the vnc server, but perhaps
> > try a
> > high number - if you are using a low one.
>
> > --
> > Mark

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Farukh Shahzad
simulation is nt solution gys

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:34:52 PM UTC+5, Jonathan wrote:
As usual, knowlegde is power!

I finally spoke to a Wincor support guy, and he quickly figured out we
were using a simulation comms dll! Once we changed it to tcpip dll,
the connection appeared!

So, some Wincor guys are very nice, helpful and polite, as they should
be!
Thanks for all the friendly help, onward and upward!
Jonathan

On Sep 30, 4:52 am, Chhil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah it was sitting on top of the windows firewall.
>
> And yes, by using vnc ports you won't be able to vnc , but you know
> for sure those are open :-)
>
> -murtuza
>
> On Sep 30, 2009, at 3:19 AM, Mark Salter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Chhil wrote:
> >> I recall on some Dbd machines used to have a 3rd party tool that
> >> managed ports and had to be configured to allow traffic.
> > Perhaps just a windows native firewall...
>
> > ... or something ontop.
>
> > How about deploying a small jPos-ee server (listening on the port you
> > want the ATM to use) and see if that starts cleanly or if it is
> > rejected?
>
> > Was your VNC access specially permitted, or did it just work?  As
> > Chhil
> > says if i just worked then that would imply an open box.  Are you
> > listing on a port number below 1024?  On 'secure machines' low ports
> > have extra controls, perhaps something is emulating this on xp?
>
> > Reusing the VNC ports will clash with the vnc server, but perhaps
> > try a
> > high number - if you are using a low one.
>
> > --
> > Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.
Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

[jpos-users] Re: OT: How to configure Wincor ProCash-NDC/DDC for TCPIP connection

Ricky Ridone
try to change registry :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wincor Nixdorf\ProTopas\CurrentVersion\CCREPMGR\FRM_REPOSITORY]
"CCCommunication1"="C:\\PROTOPAS\\BIN\\dcsimcom.DLL" ----> change to "C:\\PROTOPAS\\BIN\\comtcpip.DLL"

and make sure the file comtcpip.dll exist on C:\\PROTOPAS\\BIN\