[jpos-users] Connection Pooling for SAF

12

[jpos-users] Connection Pooling for SAF

mrtechit
Hi,

I have a scenario in which i have to query the database for security code (which changes). However, i cant get a connection from the session for the SAF.

Can someone help me in the direction to setup a connection pool for SAF as having a new connection for every retry and every transaction is bad

[jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

jPOS - Users mailing list
Please ask a smart question.

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 8:35:57 PM UTC, Anirudh Singh wrote:
Hi,

I have a scenario in which i have to query the database for security code (which changes).
Describe 'database' better.
However, i cant get a connection from the session for the SAF.
Define 'can't get'.
SAF = Store And Forward?

Can someone help me in the direction to setup a connection pool for SAF as having a new connection for every retry and every transaction is bad
More detail is required from you to be able to start to answer sensibly...

... google

     ask a smart question

, read and then reply :-)

--
Mark

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 11:43:16 AM UTC+3, Mark Salter wrote:
Please ask a smart question.

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 8:35:57 PM UTC, Anirudh Singh wrote:
Hi,

I have a scenario in which i have to query the database for security code (which changes).
Describe 'database' better.
Oracle 11g
However, i cant get a connection from the session for the SAF.
Define 'can't get'.
SAF = Store And Forward?
Yes,
public class CustomSaf extends org.jpos.saf.SAF
Can someone help me in the direction to setup a connection pool for SAF as having a new connection for every retry and every transaction is bad
More detail is required from you to be able to start to answer sensibly...
I need to change a field on the ISOMsg before I send it to mux. To get that field , have to query the database

... google

     ask a smart question

, read and then reply :-)

--
Mark

[jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

jPOS - Users mailing list
You missed a question; which were only there to guide, not just to answer!

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 11:13:38 AM UTC, Anirudh Singh wrote:
However, i cant get a connection from the session for the SAF.
Define 'can't get'.
[here]

... google

     ask a smart question

, read and then reply :-)

and I don't think you followed this guidance yet.

--
Mark

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

chhil

Usually a db object is created and placed in the context for all your participants to use the session.

What prevents you from creating a new DB object and let the underlying connection pooling handler configured in your hibernate configuration handle the pooling  for you?

Jposee provides you with the dbsupport module.

https://github.com/jpos/jPOS-EE/blob/master/modules/dbsupport/src/main/java/org/jpos/ee/DB.java

-chhil

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 4:43 PM Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the response.

I can create a new DB object and use connection pooling.

However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is no context ?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017, 4:43 PM Anirudh Singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="FsNh8QdrCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anirudhsi...@...> wrote:

[...]

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="FsNh8QdrCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="FsNh8QdrCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/55a7c8c1-7bc2-414d-b36f-bab3c2fda4a1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/55a7c8c1-7bc2-414d-b36f-bab3c2fda4a1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/55a7c8c1-7bc2-414d-b36f-bab3c2fda4a1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/55a7c8c1-7bc2-414d-b36f-bab3c2fda4a1%40googlegroups.com.

On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

chhil
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

mrtechit
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ctQyb1MDCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-...@...> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ctQyb1MDCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ctQyb1MDCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/09ae3999-82a7-2939-a1b4-383a13c57968%40talktalk.net" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/09ae3999-82a7-2939-a1b4-383a13c57968%40talktalk.net&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/09ae3999-82a7-2939-a1b4-383a13c57968%40talktalk.net&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/09ae3999-82a7-2939-a1b4-383a13c57968%40talktalk.net.

On 15/01/17 10:31, Anirudh Singh wrote:
> However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object
You can access the local space?

You can save and get from there what you need.

So, can I ask just one more time - what can't you do?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

SAF queues ISOMsgs so it doesn’t need a DB object.

If you implement your own SAF, and you need access to a DB object, you can create one, it’s as simple as calling:

DB db = new DB();
try {
   db.open();
} finally (
   db.close();
}

(DB is Closable, so you can also use try (DB db = new DB()) { ... }

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

mrtechit
Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

We implemented out own SAF in the same way as you suggested about a week back.

However, we were experiencing a lot of performance issue.

I believe the connections to the DB were too many because of such implementation ?

At some point, we even saw the DB go down.

<a style="font-family:garamond,serif" href="http://twitter.com/apr" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fapr\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFRt8creb486OVHOJ12erdzV1NRIg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fapr\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFRt8creb486OVHOJ12erdzV1NRIg&#39;;return true;">@apr

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="oGeqz8ExCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anirudhsi...@...> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="oGeqz8ExCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="oGeqz8ExCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/65223ac3-2339-4c9e-8255-80820cdfb4d4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/65223ac3-2339-4c9e-8255-80820cdfb4d4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/65223ac3-2339-4c9e-8255-80820cdfb4d4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/65223ac3-2339-4c9e-8255-80820cdfb4d4%40googlegroups.com.

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

chhil

We have various components that need to open and close connections independently. You should check for connection leaks and tune your db with indexes to make sure you are not doing table scans.

-chhil

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017, 10:59 AM Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

We implemented out own SAF in the same way as you suggested about a week back.

However, we were experiencing a lot of performance issue.

I believe the connections to the DB were too many because of such implementation ?

At some point, we even saw the DB go down.

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 3:21:41 AM UTC+3, Alejandro Revilla wrote:

SAF queues ISOMsgs so it doesn’t need a DB object.

If you implement your own SAF, and you need access to a DB object, you can create one, it’s as simple as calling:

DB db = new DB();
try {
   db.open();
} finally (
   db.close();
}

(DB is Closable, so you can also use try (DB db = new DB()) { ... }

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

OT: Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

jPOS - Users mailing list
On 16/01/17 05:29, Anirudh Singh wrote:
> We implemented out own SAF in the same way as you suggested about a week
> back.
>
> However, we were experiencing a lot of performance issue.
>
> I believe the connections to the DB were too many because of such
> implementation ?
>
> At some point, we even saw the DB go down.
Finally - the actual question, if only it had been smart at the start.

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

mrtechit
For eg - An Application is going through 200 TPS, and due to some reason the transactions were reversed and put into the SAF.

Now the SAF checks if the Authorization happened at the issuer via Database  so that it can reverse them. (A reversal without authorization is no use)

Now every second having 200 DB object wont cause performance impact ?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017, 10:59 AM Anirudh Singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Avv4B_1CCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anirudhsi...@...> wrote:

<a style="font-family:garamond,serif" href="http://twitter.com/apr" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fapr\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFRt8creb486OVHOJ12erdzV1NRIg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fapr\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFRt8creb486OVHOJ12erdzV1NRIg&#39;;return true;">@apr

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Avv4B_1CCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Avv4B_1CCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/8f29f11f-d608-46b7-b2f5-0824d0c4bd5a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/8f29f11f-d608-46b7-b2f5-0824d0c4bd5a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/8f29f11f-d608-46b7-b2f5-0824d0c4bd5a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/8f29f11f-d608-46b7-b2f5-0824d0c4bd5a%40googlegroups.com.

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

chhil

There is one instance of the SAF and one instance of your DB object.
The session opens and closes per entry in the SAF. The saf sends entries one at a time.
You can use the db object

Usually when you send an Auth and don't receive a response you create the reversal for it and SAF the reversal because you never know if the no response means the auth went through and response got lost and if the auth did not reach the other entity it would not find the original and will not be able to reverse it and inform you with an appropriate response code. So your contention of no need to reverse if authorization did not happen does not appear to be a valid one.

-chhil

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017, 1:58 PM Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
For eg - An Application is going through 200 TPS, and due to some reason the transactions were reversed and put into the SAF.

Now the SAF checks if the Authorization happened at the issuer via Database  so that it can reverse them. (A reversal without authorization is no use)

Now every second having 200 DB object wont cause performance impact ?

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 8:37:27 AM UTC+3, chhil wrote:

We have various components that need to open and close connections independently. You should check for connection leaks and tune your db with indexes to make sure you are not doing table scans.

-chhil

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017, 10:59 AM Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

We implemented out own SAF in the same way as you suggested about a week back.

However, we were experiencing a lot of performance issue.

I believe the connections to the DB were too many because of such implementation ?

At some point, we even saw the DB go down.

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 3:21:41 AM UTC+3, Alejandro Revilla wrote:

SAF queues ISOMsgs so it doesn’t need a DB object.

If you implement your own SAF, and you need access to a DB object, you can create one, it’s as simple as calling:

DB db = new DB();
try {
   db.open();
} finally (
   db.close();
}

(DB is Closable, so you can also use try (DB db = new DB()) { ... }

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
> no context ?
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

mrtechit
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

My contention is to resolve below :

The authorization happens, however sometimes it takes a lot of time (more than 15 secs) due to some network problem. So a reversal is only processed once the auth actually happens.
The other major problem is that, the card issuer is a stupid team which does not notify whether the reversal actually happened against a valid authorization. The stupid card issuer always sends Approved response even when there might be no authorization at that point in time.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017, 1:58 PM Anirudh Singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wSJKeZxNCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anirudhsi...@...> wrote:
> [...]

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wSJKeZxNCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="wSJKeZxNCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/4db4f489-377a-4b52-afd3-3c9f5558c258%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/4db4f489-377a-4b52-afd3-3c9f5558c258%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/4db4f489-377a-4b52-afd3-3c9f5558c258%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/4db4f489-377a-4b52-afd3-3c9f5558c258%40googlegroups.com.

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

chhil
I don't think the card issuer team is "stupid" or is not following EFT rules.
When an advice (reversal in your case) is sent 99.99% times it will come back as approved else you will retry till you get a response code you expect. From your perspective its done once you get approved action code, you told it reverse and it did what it was supposed to do.

What you need to do is when the auth response does not come back, or is late,  you need to decline the transaction to the entity that sent it and you must reverse the tran. Your card issuer will reverse the financial impact if any with the reversal.

-chhil

What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

Re: [jpos-users] Re: Connection Pooling for SAF

mrtechit
How can i check or keep track how much time the current auth transaction has taken while its going through the trxn manager ? Maybe use the profiler ?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Anirudh Singh <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="T7OZbtpbCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">anirudhsi...@...> wrote:
> [...]

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Anirudh Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are absolutely correct chill.

For eg, in participants we can share the same object like this :
Session session = getDB(objCtx).session();

However , in SAF we cannot share the DB object

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 1:10:49 PM UTC+3, chhil wrote:
My understanding.... Jpos Saf is an out of band process that unlike regular participants,  does not have a jpos context object associated with it. With a txn mgr the context is passed from participant to participant where one participant creates a db object and places it on the context.

-chhil

On Jan 14, 2017 9:28 PM, "'Mark Salter' via jPOS Users" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13/01/17 12:06, Anirudh Singh wrote:

> However there is no session that we can maintain for the SAF as there is
What do you mean?

--
Mark

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage.  Please support jPOS, contact: [hidden email]

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="T7OZbtpbCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">sa...@...
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="T7OZbtpbCQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jpos-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/85b6224b-48a2-4153-bfde-11b7044bb039%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/85b6224b-48a2-4153-bfde-11b7044bb039%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/85b6224b-48a2-4153-bfde-11b7044bb039%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/85b6224b-48a2-4153-bfde-11b7044bb039%40googlegroups.com.

12